Crab Cakes with Horseradish Cream
September 20, 2018
: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions including green tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Step 1 In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise, and the horseradish.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, the green onions, parsley, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3 Shape the crab mixture into eight patties.
- Step 4 Coat the patties with the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs and pat off the excess.
- Step 5 In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Step 6 Working in batches if necessary, fry the cakes until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Step 7 Turn and fry until golden brown on the other side, about 2 minutes longer.
- Step 8 Drain on paper towels.
- Step 9 Serve with the horseradish cream.