Orecchiette With Lemon Parmesan Cream
August 13, 2021
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound Orecchiette or Farfalle
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Step 1 Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Step 2 Add salt and then the Orecchiette and cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 11 to 12 minutes.
- Step 3 Drain and return the pasta to the saucepan.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, in a small non-reactive saucepan, melt the sweet butter in the lemon juice and cream over moderately low heat.
- Step 5 Reduce the heat to very low, and cook until the cream is barely simmering, about 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Just before serving, stir the sauce into the pasta.
- Step 7 Add the Parmesan, chives, and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and toss.