Shrimp & Pork Wontons
September 20, 2018
: 3 dozen
- 5 ounces raw shrimp—shelled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 pound fatty ground pork
- 2 ounces Napa cabbage, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 ounce prosciutto, minced
- 1 ounce cod, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Chili oil, for dipping
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the wonton wrappers and chili oil.
- Step 2 Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 3 Lay out 4 wonton wrappers on a work surface.
- Step 4 Keep the rest covered.
- Step 5 Place a rounded 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Step 6 Dampen the edges with water and fold corner to corner to form a triangle.
- Step 7 Press out the air and seal the edges. (Dampen the 2 points farthest from each other and pinch them together if you want to form a hat, or tortellini, shape.)
- Step 8 Place the wontons on the prepared sheets and cover with a towel.
- Step 9 Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Step 10 In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the wontons in 3 batches until just tender and the filling is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Step 11 Serve hot with chili oil.