Smoky Deviled Eggs
September 20, 2018
: 8 servings
- 1 dozen large eggs
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Step 2 Boil for 1 minute.
- Step 3 Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Drain the eggs and cool them under cold running water, shaking the pan vigorously to crack the shells.
- Step 5 Add ice cubes to the pan and let stand until the eggs are cool.
- Step 6 Drain and peel the eggs.
- Step 7 Halve the eggs lengthwise.
- Step 8 Gently remove the yolks and transfer them to a food processor.
- Step 9 Add the crème fraîche and mayonnaise and process until smooth.
- Step 10 Transfer to a bowl, stir in the cornichons and onion and season with salt, black pepper and white pepper.
- Step 11 Arrange the egg-white halves cut side up on a serving plate.
- Step 12 Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip or a teaspoon, fill the cavities with the yolk mixture.
- Step 13 Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and serve.