- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying muffin tin
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- One 14.75-ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion (about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and place in the oven while you make the batter.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Step 4 Stir to combine.
- Step 5 Add the milk, oil and corn and stir until just combined.
- Step 6 Stir in the Cheddar, onions and green peppers and stir just until incorporated.
- Step 7 Carefully remove the hot muffin tin from the oven and ladle the batter into it.
- Step 8 Return to the oven and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Step 9 Let cool 5 minutes.
- Step 10 Remove from the muffin tin and serve.