BBQ Baby Back Ribs
September 22, 2018
: 4 servings
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- Dry rub (recipe below)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup commercial or homemade BBQ sauce.
- Dry Rub:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- Step 2 Start with the dry rub.
- Step 3 Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Step 4 Rinse the ribs and pat dry.
- Step 5 Remove the sinu.
- Step 6 In a shallow pan or baking dish coat the ribs with rub completely.
- Step 7 Pressing it in to ensure it sticks.
- Step 8 Use the broiler pan from your oven or a baking dish with a rack in the bottom.
- Step 9 Pour a mixture of 1 cup water and 1 cup white vinegar into the pan.
- Step 10 Arrange the ribs on the top section of the broiler pan.
- Step 11 Place in the oven and slow cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Step 12 Remove from oven.
- Step 13 Place two portions on a double layer of aluminum foil, fold up the sides and pour 1/2 cup of apple juice over the ribs.
- Step 14 Seal loosely.
- Step 15 Repeat with other two portions.
- Step 16 Return to oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Step 17 Fire up the grill!
- Step 18 Remove ribs from oven and unwrap.
- Step 19 Finish on the grill: coat rib side with your favorite barbeque sauce, if you choose to use sauce, cook three minutes with meat side down.
- Step 20 Turn.
- Step 21 Coat meat side with sauce and cook 5 minutes.
- Step 22 Turn and move away from direct heat.
- Step 23 Recoat rib side.
- Step 24 Cook 2 minutes.
- Step 25 Turn and recoat meat side cooking 3-5 minutes until sauce is glazed but not burnt.