Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
September 12, 2018
: 6 servings
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Step 2 Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Step 4 Set aside.
- Step 5 In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 6 Slowly, add in eggs, yolks and vanilla.
- Step 7 Beat until fluffy. Approximately another 3 minutes.
- Step 8 Gradually, add in flour. Beat on low, just until fully combined.
- Step 9 Fold in chocolate chips.
- Step 10 Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Step 11 Allow cake cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.