Blueberry Muffin Buckle Cake
September 23, 2018
: 12-14 servings
- Crumb Topping:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 Spray a 9″ square baking pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Step 3 Take a large bowl combine all the Crumb ingredients with fork until they are combined well.
- Step 4 Set aside.
- Step 5 In another large bowl mix together all the cake ingredients except the blueberries until well incorporated then fold in the blueberries.
- Step 6 Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the crumb topping.
- Step 7 Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 8 Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before attempting to remove.
- Step 9 Glaze: mix together all the ingredients together until smooth and then drizzle on top of the cake.