Hot Fudge Sauce
September 9, 2018
: 3 cups
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Step 1 In a heatproof medium bowl, combine both of the chocolates with the butter.
- Step 2 Set the bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and blended.
- Step 3 Remove the bowl and set aside.
- Step 4 Pour the water out of the saucepan.
- Step 5 In the saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, salt and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Step 6 Reduce the heat to moderate and whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Step 7 Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and shiny, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Step 8 Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Step 9 Use immediately or let cool completely and refrigerate.
- Step 10 Rewarm in a microwave before serving.