Sweet Mustard Barbecue Sauce
September 9, 2018
: 2 cups
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Step 1 Combine dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Step 2 Add enough vinegar to make a mixable paste.
- Step 3 Mix well.
- Step 4 Place over high heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Step 5 Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Step 6 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 7 Remove from heat and let the sauce cool completely before using.
- Step 8 If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Step 9 The sauce becomes more flavorful after a day or two.