September 9, 2018
: 2 cups
- 2 cups pecans (7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until browned and fragrant.
- Step 3 Let cool, and then coarsely chop the pecans.
- Step 4 In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over moderate heat without stirring, until a deep amber caramel forms, about 20 minutes.
- Step 5 Gradually stir in the heavy cream and continue stirring to dissolve any lumps of caramel, about 2 minutes.
- Step 6 Remove from the heat and stir in the bourbon and the pecans.
- Step 7 Serve the sauce warm or at room temperature.