Deep Dish Pecan Pie
September 12, 2018
: One 9-inch pie
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For the Filling:
- 16 ounces (2 cups) light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweet butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Step 1 To Make the Crust:
- Step 2 Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan in aluminum foil.
- Step 3 Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Step 4 Gradually add the flour and sugar, and beat well.
- Step 5 Shape the dough into a flat disc.
- Step 6 Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Step 7 Roll the dough into a 13″ circle.
- Step 8 Carefully transfer the dough to the prepared pan.
- Step 9 Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of pan.
- Step 10 Cover and chill.
- Step 11 To Make the Filing:
- Step 12 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 13 Whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Step 14 Add the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt, and stir well.
- Step 15 Stir in the pecans.
- Step 16 Pour the filling into the crust.
- Step 17 Bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 18 Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Step 19 Bake 2 hours & 15 minutes or until set.
- Step 20 If necessary, shield the pie with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Step 21 Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step 22 Cover and chill.
- Step 23 Remove the sides of the springform pan before serving.