Marshmallow Crunch Brownies
September 12, 2018
: 8-10 servings
- For the Brownies:
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- For the Fudge Topping:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 cups Cocoa Krispies
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Step 1 Spray an 8″-x-8″ pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Step 2 In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and butter.
- Step 3 Cook, stirring often until melted and smooth.
- Step 4 Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Step 5 In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Step 6 Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Step 7 Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Step 8 Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Step 9 Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until the edges of the brownies are mostly set, about 20 minutes.
- Step 10 Remove brownies from oven and pour marshmallows on top.
- Step 11 Return to oven and bake until the brownies are cooked through and the marshmallows are melty, about 10 minutes.
- Step 12 Let brownies cool to room temperature.
- Step 13 Meanwhile, make fudge topping.
- Step 14 In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Step 15 Cook, stirring often, until the chocolate and butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Step 16 Remove from heat and immediately stir in Cocoa Krispies.
- Step 17 Dollop fudge onto cooled brownies and spread to make an even, thick layer, and then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Step 18 Let cool completely, and then slice into squares. (For cleaner slices, refrigerate brownies until very cold before slicing.)