September 12, 2018
: 10 servings
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies (12 oz.)
- 4 bananas, sliced into coins
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Step 1 In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk.
- Step 2 Whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps, and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes, or until set.
- Step 3 In another large bowl, combine heavy cream and vanilla.
- Step 4 Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 5 Set aside half of the mixture for topping the dish.
- Step 6 Fold remaining half into the pudding mixture.
- Step 7 Cover the bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish with vanilla wafers.
- Step 8 Top with one-third of the pudding mixture.
- Step 9 Cover with another layer of the wafer cookies—you may want to also stand some cookies up vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish.
- Step 10 Top with an even layer of banana slices.
- Step 11 Continue layering the pudding, wafer cookies and banana slices until you reach the top, ending with a final layer of banana pudding.
- Step 12 Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Step 13 Sweeten the remaining whipped cream.
- Step 14 Add sugar to whipped cream, stirring to combine.
- Step 15 Just before serving, dollop on top of the banana pudding, then sprinkle crumbled wafer cookies on top.