Shrimp with Mango & Basil
September 5, 2018
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Step 1 Toss shrimp with salt, cayenne to taste and turmeric in a medium bowl.
- Step 2 Cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Step 4 Place the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the undersides turn salmon-pink, about 1 minute.
- Step 5 Flip them over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Step 6 Add mango, green onions and basil and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just cooked and starts to barely curl, 1 to 2 minutes.