Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops with Spinach
September 5, 2018
- 12 large dry sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1/4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, (about 3 slices), cut into 12 long strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- Four 10-inch metal or bamboo skewers
- Step 1 Place rack in upper third of oven.
- Step 2 Preheat broiler.
- Step 3 Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Step 4 Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper.
- Step 5 Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each scallop.
- Step 6 Thread 3 scallops crosswise onto each of the 4 skewers (securing the prosciutto to the scallop) and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Step 7 Broil until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Step 9 Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- Step 10 Place spinach in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Step 11 Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 12 When hot, add handfuls of spinach (with water still clinging to it) to the pan and cook, stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 13 Drain the spinach and add to the medium bowl.
- Step 14 Toss to coat with the vinaigrette.
- Step 15 Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top each portion with 3 scallops.
- Step 16 Drizzle the scallops with the reserved vinaigrette.