Thyme & Sesame Crusted Pacific Halibut
September 5, 2018
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces Pacific halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 2 portions
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Step 2 Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Step 3 Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish.
- Step 4 Add fish and turn to coat.
- Step 5 Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Step 6 Meanwhile, combine sesame seeds and thyme in a small bowl.
- Step 7 Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top.
- Step 8 Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just cooked through, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Step 9 Serve with lemon wedges.
- Step 10 To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.