September 30, 2018
: 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce package)
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- 2 tablespoons egg whites, divided
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Step 3 Reserve 1 teaspoon of mixture.
- Step 4 Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold.
- Step 5 Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and over medium heat, sauté pears 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Step 6 Place in a large bowl and add sugar mixture and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Step 7 Mix well.
- Step 8 Spoon pear mixture down center of dough.
- Step 9 Cut slits in dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling.
- Step 10 Brush each 1-inch strip with egg white and crisscross strips over filling.
- Step 11 Brush top of pastry with egg whites, sprinkle with remaining almonds, and reserved sugar mixture.
- Step 12 Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Step 13 Serve warm, or cool before serving.