German Potato Salad
September 30, 2018
: 8 servings
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1 In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Step 2 Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Step 3 In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned and crisp, turning as needed.
- Step 4 Remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Step 5 Add oil and onion to bacon grease and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Step 6 Stir in vinegar, water, sugar and salt.
- Step 7 Bring to a boil.
- Step 8 Gently stir in potatoes and parsley.
- Step 9 Add half of bacon to potato mixture and heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Step 10 Remove to a serving dish, sprinkle remaining bacon over top, and serve warm.