Roasted Garlic, Cauliflower & Wasabi Mash Potatoes
August 15, 2019
: 6-8 servings
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 3 ounces roasted garlic
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 6 ounces butter
- 1/4 tablespoons black pepper ( Fine Grind )
- 1 ounce kosher salt
- 1 ounce washabi powder
- 3 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon oil blend
- Step 1 Already peel potatoes and cut in medium size pieces proceed to steam for 30 minutes after 15 minutes of cooking add cauliflower for the remaining 15 minutes both potatoes and cauliflower should be with a soft firm consistency.
- Step 2 In a sauté pan add oil and garlic saute for 5 to 7 minutes at a medium size flame the finish in oven for additional 12 minutes, set aside for later use.
- Step 3 On a second sauce pot add garlic, butter and heavy cream heat up but not boil mix until butter melts, set aside.
- Step 4 Mix water with wasabi powder it should be a thick mixture if need add more water if is too thick, proceed to add butter and cream mixture, wasabi mixture pepper and salt in a mixer machine making sure everything is well mix store at cooks line.
Recipe provided by Chef Ruben Vazquez of Tommy Bahama Las Vegas