Creamy Parmesan Bacon Potatoes
September 11, 2018
: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds of washed potatoes skin on, cut in large cubes.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to season
- 6-8 slices thick sliced good quality, smoked bacon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Cut the bacon in small pieces.
- Step 2 Cook until crisp.
- Step 3 Drain off all the fat and set aside.
- Step 4 Melt the garlic, olive oil and butter together over medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
- Step 5 When heated, add the potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for about 20 minutes turning the potatoes every few minutes. The potatoes should be fully cooked and crispy but not necessarily crispy on all sides, it’s perfectly okay if they are a little “rustic”.
- Step 6 Remove the potatoes from the pan and keep warm in the oven as you prepare the sauce.
- Step 7 Reserve a few tablespoons of the oil and butter in the pan that the potatoes were cooked in.
- Step 8 To this add the whipping cream and simmer until the cream is reduced by about half.
- Step 9 Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Step 10 Toss together the potatoes and bacon with the Parmesan cream sauce and serve.