Chef Ruben Vazquez
Tommy Bahama Las Vegas
• Ruben worked as Sous Chef at Chart House Las Vegas inside the Golden Nugget Hotel since 2009. Chart House features top-of-the-catch seafood, succulent steaks, and decadent desserts.
• Ruben was born in Mexico in 1970. There he majored in Criminal Psychology, level 1, and Social Studies, level 2. He was in the Police Academy from 1987 until 1988, and the Police Force until 1989. He also served the community selflessly, by volunteering as a Social Worker for several years.
• Ruben began his culinary travels at Lone Star Steakhouse in 1994. He started there as Kitchen Manager, and thru his hard work and dedication, he worked his way up to District Manager in 1998, overseeing 4 stores in the Las Vegas area. In 2002, he was again promoted, this time to Regional Kitchen Manager, in charge of 3 different districts located in Las Vegas, Arizona, and New Mexico.
• While working at Lone Star Steakhouse, Ruben also undertook the grand opening of The Eiffel Tower restaurant, located at the Paris Hotel and Casino. Here Ruben apprenticed under Master French Chefs Gabino and Joho. Here he learned and mastered French Continental Cuisine in a Fine Dining atmosphere.
• In 2005, Ruben moved on to the casual dining concept of Joe’s Crab Shack. Here, he showed is strengths working with seafood, he eventually worked his way up, yet again, to overseeing all 3 Las Vegas locations.
• With the success of Ruben’s culinary travels, embracing and absorbing cuisines as a student of food, Ruben has again worked his way to the top at Chart House.
• In 2014 Ruben moved on to be part of a different atmosphere with Tommy Bahama, Inc. as a Sous-Chef working under the supervision of Executive Chef John Baez and General Manager Kevin Wantland eventually working his way up to the Executive Chef position showing his strength learned over his culinary travels as Tommy Bahama features a fusion of food concepts allowing the Chef team show casing their talent with a very relaxing atmosphere while keeping all tropical flavors.