Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce
September 30, 2018
: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Dill Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Step 1 In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Step 2 In a second shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended.
- Step 3 In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika.
- Step 4 Pound pork cutlets with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Step 5 Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides.
- Step 6 Shake off excess.
- Step 7 Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Step 8 In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Step 9 Add pork in batches.
- Step 10 Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Step 11 Remove to a serving plate.
- Step 12 Keep warm.
- Step 13 Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- Step 14 In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth.
- Step 15 Add to same skillet.
- Step 16 Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Step 17 Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 18 Reduce heat to low.
- Step 19 Stir in sour cream and dill.
- Step 20 Heat through (do not boil).
- Step 21 Serve with pork.