White Bean & Chorizo Soup
January 12, 2019
- 1 pound fresh chorizo link sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (15-oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32-oz.) container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1 Cook chorizo in a Dutch oven over medium-high, stirring constantly, until browned and crumbled, about 8 minutes.
- Step 2 Drain well on paper towels.
- Step 3 Wipe Dutch oven clean.
- Step 4 Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Step 5 Add onions and next 5 ingredients, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 6 Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Step 7 Increase heat to high.
- Step 8 Add beans, chicken broth, and chorizo, and bring to a boil.
- Step 9 Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally and skimming off any fat from top, 20 minutes.
- Step 10 Stir in parsley, and serve.