Tournedos of Beef with Morel Mushroom Sauce
September 14, 2018
: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil for cooking
- 4 4-ounce beef tournedos
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound Morel mushrooms cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 ounces Madeira
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan.
- Step 2 Season the beef on both sides and sear it until crispy.
- Step 3 Turn it over and add the mushrooms.
- Step 4 Moving the mushrooms around with a wooden spoon, allow them to cook with the beef for 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove the beef, add the shallots, and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 6 Add the Madeira CAREFULLY it will flame.
- Step 7 When the flame dies down, add the garlic and stock.
- Step 8 Add the meat back to the pan and reduce for 3 minutes.
- Step 9 Finish by adding the tomatoes, butter, and adjusting the seasonings.