Stuffed Roast Pork
September 14, 2018
: 4-6 servings
- 6 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 6 dried prunes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 6 toasted pecans, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Merlot wine
- 2 pork tenderloins (approximately 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 large apples
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- Step 1 Combine the prunes, apricots, raisins, pecans, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Step 2 Add the wine and set aside to soak.
- Step 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 4 Make a lengthwise cut in the pork tenderloins, but do not cut all the way through.
- Step 5 Flatten slightly with the side of a cleaver or a rolling pin.
- Step 6 Spread the fruit and nut mixture over the tenderloins and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Roll the roasts and tie with string.
- Step 8 Season the outside liberally with salt and pepper.
- Step 9 Roast for 30 minutes per pound, surrounded with apples and onions. (The apples and onions may be roasted in the same oven but in a separate pan, if you do not want them to roast in the fatty juices released by the pork.)
- Step 10 To serve, slice the pork tenderloins into 1 -inch thick slices.
- Step 11 Place on plates with the pan-roasted apples and onions.