January 12, 2019
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large head or 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Step 1 Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 2 Add the cauliflower florets and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Cook until the cauliflower begins to brown and soften, about 12 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Step 4 While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Step 5 Add the garlic and sauté until softened, 1 minute.
- Step 6 Add the roasted red pepper and sauté for another few minutes, until heated through.
- Step 7 Transfer to a blender or mini-chopper and blend.
- Step 8 Add the tofu and some salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Step 9 Add the puree and the red pepper flakes to the cauliflower and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 10 Stir in the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds and cook another minute.
- Step 11 Transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish and serve.