September 30, 2018
: 4 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Step 1 In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
- Step 2 Mix well.
- Step 3 Add the eggs and water.
- Step 4 Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Step 5 Bring a large pot of water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat.
- Step 6 Add remaining salt.
- Step 7 In batches, drizzle the batter from a wide slotted spoon into the boiling water.
- Step 8 When the spaetzle (noodles) float to the top of the water, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander.
- Step 9 Place in a bowl, add butter and parsley, and stir gently just until mixed.