Scalloped Potato Roll
September 16, 2018
: 8 servings
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14 1/2 oz diced tomato, 1 can, drained
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Using a knife or mandolin cut the potatoes into slices 1/8 inch thick.
- Step 3 On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese and spread until it is evenly covering the parchment paper.
- Step 4 Place the potatoes over the Parmesan so each potato is overlapping the previous potato both vertically and horizontally.
- Step 5 Continue until the entire pan is filled with potatoes.
- Step 6 Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan evenly over the potatoes.
- Step 7 Season with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Step 8 Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and the potatoes are flexible and slightly crispy.
- Step 9 In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Step 10 Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onions, and cook until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Step 11 Add the beef, break up and mix with the onion until cooked.
- Step 12 Mix in the tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of parsley, paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper.
- Step 13 Stir, cooking until the beef is browned and cooked through.
- Step 14 Remove from heat.
- Step 15 In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Step 16 Add the spinach, cook until wilted.
- Step 17 Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the garlic.
- Step 18 Stir to combine.
- Step 19 Remove from heat.
- Step 20 In a bowl combine the spinach mixture and the ricotta.
- Step 21 Set aside.
- Step 22 Evenly spread the spinach mixture over the cooked potato sheet.
- Step 23 Evenly spread the beef mixture over the spinach.
- Step 24 Sprinkle mozzarella over the beef.
- Step 25 Take one end of the potato sheet holding the parchment paper begin rolling upward, making sure the ingredients are not coming out the ends.
- Step 26 Once it is completely rolled place the potato roll on the parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 27 Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.
- Step 28 Slice and serve.