Meyer Lemon Marmalade
- 12 medium organic Meyer lemons (3 pounds)
- 3 cups sugar
- Step 1 Rinse the lemons and pat dry.
- Step 2 Halve the lemons crosswise and juice them, reserving the juice.
- Step 3 Using a spoon, scrape the pulp and seeds from the halves.
- Step 4 Using a sharp knife, slice the peels 1/8 inch thick.
- Step 5 In a large, heavy saucepan, cover the strips with 8 cups of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Step 6 Boil for 1 minute.
- Step 7 Drain the strips and rinse under cold running water.
- Step 8 Blanch two more times.
- Step 9 The final time, drain the strips but do not rinse them.
- Step 10 Return the strips to the saucepan.
- Step 11 Add the reserved juice and the sugar.
- Step 12 Simmer over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then skimming any foam, until the marmalade sets, about 30 minutes.
- Step 13 Spoon the marmalade into 5 hot 1/2-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch of space at the top, and close with the lids and rings.
- Step 14 To process, boil the jars for 15 minutes in water to cover.
- Step 15 Let stand at room temperature for 2 days before serving.