Cabbage & Hamburger Soup
September 16, 2018
: 4-6 servings
- 2-3 pounds of hamburger (can substitute ground turkey)
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups beef broth
- 2 – 14 oz can basil, oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Few shakes of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Step 1 Sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Step 2 Add hamburger and cook until browned.
- Step 3 Add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer on the stove until vegetables are tender and flavor has melded, about 1 hour.
- Step 4 Serve garnished with shredded cheese.