Smoked Gouda Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
September 20, 2018
: 24 servings
- 2 links Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 4 Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Step 5 Press into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Step 6 Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes