Roasted Leg of Lamb My Way
September 14, 2018
: 10-12 servings
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of rosemary
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 pound leg of lamb, boneless
- Garlic cloves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Create the herb rub in a food processor.
- Step 2 Pulse the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, shallots, thyme, pepper and salt together until you have a thick paste.
- Step 3 Spread out the leg of lamb and rub half of the herb rub all over the exposed side of the lamb.
- Step 4 Roll up and securely tie the leg of lamb together with kitchen twine.
- Step 5 In the roasting pan, spread out the carrots, potatoes, onions, and garlic cloves.
- Step 6 Rest the leg of lamb on top of the vegetables.
- Step 7 Pour the rest of the herb rub all over the leg of lamb, spread out so it coats evenly.
- Step 8 Roast at 450 degrees F. for 50 – 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 130 degrees F. to 135 degrees F. for medium rare.
- Step 9 Remove the leg of lamb and let it rest of 20 minutes before you remove the kitchen twine and before you carve.
- Step 10 Serve with the roasted vegetables.