Lemon & Garlic Marinated Flat Iron Steak
September 19, 2018
: 2 servings
- One 1-pound beef flat iron steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Step 1 In a glass baking dish, season the steak with salt and pepper and rub with the olive oil.
- Step 2 Spread the garlic, green onions and bay leaves all over the steak.
- Step 3 Cover both sides of the steak with lemon slices.
- Step 4 Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Step 5 Light a grill and brush with canola oil.
- Step 6 Scrape off the seasonings and bring the steak to room temperature.
- Step 7 Season with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat until medium-rare within, 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- Step 8 Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 9 Thinly slice across the grain.