September 5, 2018
- 1/2 cup sweet butter
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 14 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 3 pounds trout fillets
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Line a shallow baking dish with foil.
- Step 3 Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Step 4 Pour in lemon juice.
- Step 5 Cook and stir mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 6 Stir in sherry.
- Step 7 Place trout fillets with skin sides down into prepared baking dish.
- Step 8 Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper.
- Step 9 Pour the mushroom mixture over the fish.
- Step 10 Bake in the preheated oven until sauce reduces and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes.