Glazed Carrots with Orange & Ginger
September 30, 2018
: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths, halved if thick
- 1 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon thinly sliced orange zest
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- Step 1 In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Step 2 Add carrots.
- Step 3 Cook, stirring once, until beginning to brown, 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Add broth, orange zest, fresh orange juice, and ginger.
- Step 5 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Bring to a boil.
- Step 7 Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 10 minutes.
- Step 8 Uncover, and cook over medium-high until carrots are tender and liquid is syrupy, 7 to 9 minutes more (there should be only a small amount of liquid remaining).
- Step 9 Remove skillet from heat.
- Step 10 Add butter, and swirl skillet until melted.
- Step 11 Season with salt and pepper.