Chicken Sweet Potato & Corn Chowder
September 16, 2018
: 10 servings
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2 (1-lb.) bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (from 2 onions)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper (from 1 large bell pepper)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped yellow bell pepper (from 1 large bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped celery (from 3 ribs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Hot sauce
- Finely chopped chives
- Step 1 Combine the first 10 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Step 2 Cover and cook on HIGH until chicken and sweet potatoes are tender, about 4 hours.
- Step 3 Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Step 4 Coarsely shred, discarding bones.
- Step 5 Set aside.
- Step 6 Whisk together cream and cornstarch in a bowl until smooth.
- Step 7 Stir into soup.
- Step 8 Cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Step 9 Stir in chicken and parsley.
- Step 10 Top with hot sauce and chives.