Sauteed Spinach & Mushrooms
September 13, 2018
: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a medium saute pan or skillet (not nonstick) over medium-low heat.
- Step 2 Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes (do not let the garlic brown).
- Step 3 Push the garlic off to the side of the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Step 4 Increase the heat to medium high and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 5 Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are cooked through and begin to become golden in spots, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Step 6 Add the spinach, sprinkle with an additional pinch of salt and turn with tongs until wilted. (If you can’t fit all the spinach in the pan, cover it for a few minutes, then uncover, stir and add the rest.)
- Step 7 Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the vinegar and serve warm.