September 30, 2018
: 14 servings
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Grease and flour a 12×18 inch pan.
- Step 3 Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Step 4 Set aside.
- Step 5 In a large bowl combine sugar and oil.
- Step 6 Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Step 7 Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Step 8 Stir in nuts.
- Step 9 Spread batter into prepared 12×18 inch pan.
- Step 10 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Step 11 Allow to cool.