Root Beer Baked Beans
September 29, 2018
: 4 servings
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup root beer (not diet)
- 1/4 cup hickory-smoked barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Step 1 Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Step 2 Remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Step 3 Crumble bacon.
- Step 4 Sauté diced onion in hot bacon drippings in skillet over high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 5 Stir together onion, crumbled bacon, beans, and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Step 6 Bake beans, uncovered, at 400 degrees F. for 55 minutes or until sauce is thickened.