Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
September 19, 2018
: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Step 1 Simply mix the sauce ingredients together and chill. Very simple!
- Step 2 Note: Don’t use white barbecue sauce as a marinade. It’s too rich and thick. If you slather this on before the meat goes on the grill, the sauce will burn.
- Step 3 Cook the chicken about 3/4 done on the grill and then begin basting with the white barbecue sauce.
- Step 4 White barbecue sauce is also excellent as a dip with the cooked chicken. Do not use the same white barbecue batch that you used for basting. That can be contaminated. If you want baste and dip, make a double batch and reserve half in a separate container for dipping.