Veal Roulade Stuffed with Crab Meat
September 14, 2018
: 6 servings
- 6 3-ounce veal (pounded thin)
- For crabmeat filling:
- 6 ounces ground veal
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces backfin crabmeat, picked well
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 Chill all ingredients well.
- Step 3 Combine ground veal and ground pork in a food processor and process until smooth (approximately 1 minute using at pulse).
- Step 4 Add cream, egg, tarragon and parsley into veal and pork mixture, process until smooth and well combined.
- Step 5 Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Step 6 Add picked crabmeat.
- Step 7 Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Step 8 To assemble: Layout veal scaloppini.
- Step 9 Place approximately 2 ounces of crab filling down on the center of veal from end to end.
- Step 10 Carefully fold ends over and roll.
- Step 11 Secure with butcher twine or a 6-inch skewer.
- Step 12 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 13 Sear veal roulades until golden brown.
- Step 14 Transfer onto a baking pan and finish in a 375 degree F. oven for approximately 15 to 18 minutes until cooked through.