Sweet & Spicy Mango Barbecue Sauce
September 9, 2018
: 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 poblano chili peppers
- 1/2 red onion (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch of kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- Step 1 Preheat grill to high heat.
- Step 2 Brush olive oil over tomatoes, chili peppers, and onion slices.
- Step 3 Place on grill and cook on high heat, with the lid up, until they have good grill marks and have started to soften.
- Step 4 Remove from the grill and chop coarsely.
- Step 5 Place grilled vegetables and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse 5 times, until vegetables are rough cut.
- Step 6 Remove half of the sauce to a serving bowl or air-tight containers and continue blending until remaining sauce is smooth.
- Step 7 The smooth sauce can be used as a marinade and to baste meats like ribs and chicken while on the grill.
- Step 8 Once cooked present meat on a large platter and serve the reserved chunky sauce on the side. This will resemble a salsa of sorts.