Stuffed Yellow Bell Pepper
September 13, 2018
: 4 servings
- 4 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced fennel
- 1/2 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup diced eggplant
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pine nuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 Lightly coat a sheet pan with canola oil spray.
- Step 3 Place whole peppers on sheet pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until skin is brown.
- Step 4 Transfer from oven and quickly dip in ice cold water.
- Step 5 Peel skins, careful not to remove stem.
- Step 6 Using a sharp knife, make a slit, starting at the base of the stem, lengthwise down one side.
- Step 7 Carefully scoop out seeds and membrane.
- Step 8 Set aside.
- Step 9 In a large sauté pan, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Step 10 Add zucchini, fennel, yellow squash and eggplant.
- Step 11 Add nuts, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Step 12 Transfer to a food processor and chop slightly.
- Step 13 Stuff each roasted pepper with 1/2 cup mixture.
- Step 14 Lightly spray with olive oil and roll in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Step 15 Place back on sheet pan.
- Step 16 Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. and bake stuffed peppers for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Step 17 Serve with 1/4 cup marinara sauce.