Spice Rubbed Salmon with Tropical Rice
September 5, 2018
- 1 (1 pound) fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 medium mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Step 1 Thaw salmon, if frozen.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Step 3 Rinse fish. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Step 4 Measure thickness of fish.
- Step 5 Place fish in a greased shallow baking pan.
- Step 6 In a small bowl, stir together coriander seeds, brown sugar, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Step 7 Sprinkle fish evenly with coriander seeds mixture. Use your fingers to press in slightly.
- Step 8 Bake for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Step 9 Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together cooked rice, mango, the snipped cilantro, and the lemon peel.
- Step 10 Serve fish on top of rice mixture.
- Step 11 If desired, garnish with lemon wedges and/or cilantro sprigs.