Skillet Crispy Lemon Chicken Thighs
September 16, 2018
: 4 servings
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 large or 8 small skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small yellow onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Set a large ovenproof skillet to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Step 4 Once hot, add chicken, skin-side down.
- Step 5 Cook until skin is browned and chicken is cooked halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Remove from heat.
- Step 7 Arrange lemon slices underneath and around chicken, keeping skin-side down.
- Step 8 Place skillet in oven and roast until chicken is fully cooked and skin is crisp, about 10 more minutes.
- Step 9 Transfer chicken pieces, skin-side up, to a plate.
- Step 10 Leave lemon slices in skillet.
- Step 11 Return skillet to medium heat.
- Step 12 Add thyme, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Step 13 Cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Step 14 Add dry white wine and broth.
- Step 15 Simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Step 16 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 17 Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Step 18 Return chicken to skillet, skin-side up, to rewarm.
- Step 19 Top with caramelized lemon slices.
- Step 20 Serve with crusty bread for dipping,