Shrimp & New Potato Chowder
September 16, 2018
: 2 quarts
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 3 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, diced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound medium-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Step 1 Melt butter in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Step 2 Add green onions, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Step 3 Add potatoes and next 5 ingredients, and increase heat to high.
- Step 4 Bring to a boil.
- Step 5 Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Step 6 Stir in shrimp and hot sauce, and cook 3 minutes.
- Step 7 Cut onions and potatoes into pieces that are the same size. This will ensure they cook uniformly.