Sauteed Onions & Peppers
September 16, 2018
: 8 servings
- 6 large yellow onions
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Cut the onions in half, and then slice them into 1/8-inch-thick half-rounds. (You will have about 10 cups of onions.)
- Step 2 Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Step 3 Add the onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 4 Add the peppers, garlic, vinegar, tomato puree, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes.