Roasted Corn Salsa
September 20, 2018
: 8 servings
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 4 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.), chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1 Preheat a broiler or prepare a charcoal fire and let burn to a gray ash.
- Step 2 Place corn on a broiling pan or grill set about 6 inches from heat source.
- Step 3 Cook, turning often, until kernels have softened and are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Let cool, and then cut off kernels from each ear (you’ll have about 3 cups).
- Step 5 In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
- Step 6 Add parsley and stir well.
- Step 7 Chill until ready to serve.