Roast Lamb Racks with Lemon & Garlic
June 20, 2019
: 3-4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 small lamb racks (approx 12 ounces each)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 In a small bowl, mix together the oil, salt, pepper, lemon and garlic.
- Step 2 Place the racks of lamb into a large ziplock freezer bag.
- Step 3 Pour the marinade into the bag, seal the bag, and make sure that the racks of lamb are well coated in the marinade.
- Step 4 Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but overnight in the fridge is best. If your kitchen is quite cool, I would simply leave the bag on the kitchen counter to marinate. Otherwise, place it in the fridge.
- Step 5 Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F .
- Step 6 Let the meat come to room temperature before cooking.
- Step 7 Heat the extra oil in a large oven-proof saucepan which will fit both racks of lamb comfortably.
- Step 8 On a medium-high heat, sear the racks of lamb on each side until they are nicely browned.
- Step 9 Once both sides of the racks of lamb have been seared, quickly position them on the saucepan so that the bones are standing upwards.
- Step 10 Place the saucepan into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, depending on how well-cooked you like your meat. I test for doneness by prodding the meat gently, but a more accurate way of testing is to use a meat thermometer.
- Step 11 Allow the lamb to rest for about 10 minutes before carving.